Who is Smith Small Business Consultants, LLC?
Provide startup business owners or existing small business entrepreneurs the professional resources required to start, grow and develop their business. We work with clients as a partner for the long term to assist them as-needed in overcoming the many obstacles that the small business entrepreneur encounters in starting and growing their business.
Smith Small Business Consultants, LLC (SSBC) was formed to address the issues faced by small business owners in starting and growing a small business. SSBC is composed of a team of professionals in their respective fields and are specialist in working with small businesses and understanding their unique needs. When Cary Smith started his first consulting business, he encountered many frustrations in finding professionals with small business experience to assist him in forming his business. Finding an attorney, tax accountant, banker and other needed resources that were competent, creditable, and worthy of his trust required much research and interviewing activities taking away valuable time from promoting his business. Given this experience, Cary decided there must to be a much better approach to assist the an aspiring entra make the transition of their dream a reality. Thus, the creation of Smith Small Business Consultants, LLC.
Who is Cary Smith?
Cary Smith is a retired CPA and a consultant to small and medium size businesses for over 40 years. In that capacity he worked with many clients learned the process and issues a new entra faces in setting up a business. When Cary formed his own business, he experienced firsthand the frustrations of finding a team of reputable and trustworthy professionals that understood the needs of the small business owner. He concluded that his experience was not unique, and that other start-up and existing small business entrepreneurs were encountering similar experiences. He decided that they needed an easier process to pursue their business dreams.
Activities Relevant to Small Businesses
- Florida State University – Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Accounting
- Retired CPA – Over 20 years with Coopers&Lybrand (PriceWaterhouseCoopers}, BDO Seidman and other regional accounting firms.
- Adjunct Professor – Nova University, Ft Lauderdale, Fl. and Florida Community College, Ft Myers Fl – developed and presented courses on “Starting Your Own Business”, accounting principles and basic computer concepts
- Wake County
- Member of Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council
- Member of Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Raleigh SCORE working as a mentor to small businesses
- Conduct workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners who want to grow their business to the next level
- Previous member of professional and community associations including America Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA), Rotary and Kiwanis