Who is Cary Smith?
Cary Smith is a small business consultant with over 40 years’ experience as an accountant and consultant to small businesses.In that capacity he assisted many aspiring entrepreneurs in transforming their idea of owning a business into the reality of business ownership.
Cary has personally formed two consulting businesses; He has experienced firsthand the frustrations of finding a team of reputable and trustworthy professionals that understood the needs of the small business owner. He concluded that his experience was not unique, and that other start-up and existing small business entrepreneurs were encountering similar experiences.
Representative Summary of Cary’s Activities Relevant to Small Businesses
- Retired CPA – Over 25 years with Coopers & Lybrand (PriceWaterhouseCoopers}, BDO Seidman and other regional accounting firms working with small business
- Small Business Owner – working with small businesses in business start-up, accounting software, etc.
- Adjunct Professor – Nova University, Ft Lauderdale, Fl. and Florida Community College, Ft Myers Fl – developed and presented courses on “Starting Your Own Business”, accounting principles and basic computer concepts
- Wake County
- Member of Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Holly Springs Rotary Club
- Member of Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council
- Member of Raleigh SCORE working as a mentor to small businesses
- Conduct workshops for aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners who want to grow their business to the next level
- Previous member of professional and community associations
- America Institute of Certified Public Accounts (AICPA),
- Rotary – Richmond, VA
- Kiwanis – Fort Myers, Fl
- Florida State University – Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Accounting