The resources listed below will be expanded as additional books and documents are identified that could provide new insights and education to the small business community.
Below is a list of the primary departments that you will need to contact to meet the legal requirements of the State of North Carolina and Wake County for a new business.
Incorporating a Business
North Carolina Secretary of State
(919)807-2225 or (888)246-7636
Register a Business Name – Wake County
Sales and Use Tax, Retail/Wholesale Sales
North Carolina Department of Revenue
General Reference Materials
The Small Business Administration
- General Resources
- Financing Options
In most instances, the materials listed below can be obtained through the Wake County Library.
General Business Management
- Moran Brian P. Lennington, Michael. The 12 Week Year. NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Montoya, Peter; Vandehey. The Brand Called You. McGraw Hill
- Covey, Richard/Merrill, A. Roger/Merrill/Rebecca R. First Things First. NY: Fireside
- Levinson, Jay Conrad. The Guerrilla Entrepreneur. NY: Morgan James Publishing, LLC.
- Harris, Michael. Insight Selling. Canada: Sales and Marketing Press
- Hayden, C.J. Get Clients Now. CA: AMACOM – American Management Association
- Port, Michael. Book Yourself Solid. NJ: John Wily & Sons, Inc.
- Sweeney, Joe. Networking Is A Contact Sport. TX: BenBella Books, Inc.
- Levinson, Jay Conrad & Al Lautenslager. Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days. CA: Entrepreneur Press
- Tracy, Brian. Change Your Thinking Change You Life. NJ: John Wil & Sons, Inc.
- Hoffman, Reid. The Start-up of You. NY: Crown Business
- Tracy, Brian. Goals. CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
- Pitino, Rick. Success Is A Choice. NY: Broadway Books
- Hill, Napoleon; Stone W. Clement. Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude. NY: Prentice Hall, Inc.
- Tracy, Brian. Maximum Achievement. NY: Simon & Schuster Paperbacks
- Robbins, Anthony. Notes from a Friend. NY: Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- Canfield, Jack. The Success Principles’. NY: HarperCollins Publishers